Monday, July 2, 2007

WoW is Like Acting

Even though I'm not on a Role Playing Server, WoW is still a place in which people take on roles that aren't the same as who they are outside of the game. I've played on a RP server before, ages ago, until about level 20. It was rather different from a normal server, at the time. No idea how they are now.

I think it's unique and somewhat weird when people seriously take on their characters role. I mean some people are very much into the game... their name and the life of their character, it's all very detailed and meaningful. Honestly, maybe that's what this game should have been from the start. I know many other RPG's are the same way... and then there's always conventions attached to them in which players and fans dress the part and act like their characters... in real life. It's all different, that's for sure. A lot of the people on normal realms make fun of RP realm players... but realistically, they are more hardcore into the game than most of the people I've come across on my normal realms. You heard me.

Back to my original point, WoW in general is a lot like acting. You're playing a role, though it's very liberal and in your own interpretation of how you think it should be played, it's still a role. It amazes me the sides of themselves people let out in WoW. It's like every asshole thing some people think of doing at work and shit, they bring it home and take it out through their character. It's kind of sad.. and pathetic. But then again, maybe some people are just acting that way? Hmm.

4 comments:

Jagoex said...

That's the sucky part -- we'll never know for certain.

EvilCheeseWedge said...

Most people in WoW just further my belief that people - generally speaking - suck :)

Jesika said...

People do suck. Badly.

My cat plays WoW better than most people do. Unless other people are letting their pets play their characters... then I suppose my cat is just better among his own kind.

Fuzzywuzzy said...

I'd hate to say that WoW draws the wrong crowd to the game - most of the people in the game are decent human beings - but sometimes it's just easier to take note of the monkeys instead of your fellow zoo-goers, so to speak.