Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Realm Downtime. Noooooes.

So I hit 60 last night. That makes my second level 60 warlock AND second level 60 character, period. I'd forgotten how much of a bitch it was gathering the shit for the warlock epic mount quest. Pewpew.

It's storming here right now. Not a huge storm, but enough to have made the power shutoff earlier. I hate it when the power just shuts off enough to reset everything, and that's it. Why not just fucking go out? Argh.

Lots of my friends are away or have been away this weekend. /cry

According to the patchnotes Incinerates graphics have been improved. I don't think I've used that spell in over a month... for one because the gnome obviously doesn't have it yet and two, because I rarely used it on Jade. The ability to specc into Improved Shadowbolt always made it make more sense to use because it placed a shadow vuln on the mob every time you crit it... and she wasn't a heavy destro lock, so yeah. I wonder if it actually looks better? Also, shadow wands will no longer look like death coil, I guess. Damn.

Also, various UI issues have been fixed/improved. The ability to bind keys by halves on your keyboard is being introduced. I'm unsure of if I'll ever effectivly use this as a warlock but we'll see. I have tons of spells, but I've managed thus far to happily only bind things with the old style bindings. Especially in pvp, I have my doubts that I'll substitute my mouse hand into using my right shift key for bindings, etc. I don't think this is a bad addition to the game, even if I won't be making much use of it.


So, here's to getting my epic warlock mount then promptly buying a chicken, most likely. I hate using mana to mount. It's like 'Oh, I just finished killing 12 mobs chained together, I'm out of mana but I want to get the fuck out of this area... oh wait, I can't mount.' Argh, yeah. Annoying.

I'm bored and hungry. I guess I'm out to go eat and bum around for the next few hours before realms are back up.

4 comments:

EvilCheeseWedge said...

/hug Gnome

Grats on 60!

Jagoex said...

I only use Incinerate on shadow-resistant mobs. That's about it though.

Same cast time as Shadowbolt, btw.

Jagoex said...

Oh, and shorter if you don't have Bane. ;)

Jesika said...

i misread my own tooltip. :D

that or it changed.

regardless...

shadowbolt is win.