Monday, October 8, 2007

Breaking Away

So I haven't raided in almost a week... and I can't say I miss it that much. My parents have been in town for going on a week now and I've basically stayed away from WoW while they've been here. I see them maybe twice a year, so yeah... WoW is the least of my concerns. Hehe.

Overall though, I've been thinking about my previous post as well as how it's felt to not feel so obligated to log in... I like it. The game shouldn't be a second job... I mean maybe for a couple of weeks play the hell out of it, clear content... etc. But there has to be a break... because it's just too easy for most to get burnt out, bored, and seeking other ways to make the game more interesting to them. I think that's what a lot of the asshole/bully bs comes from in WoW... a simple lack of interest in the game itself, so people seek ways to have 'fun' and fun for some people involves the misery of others... and that's just that. It's no different than people in real life. Someone at your office is bored of their job so they begin harrassing a fellow worker. Nothing new there.

Anyways... I am enjoying the break. I've been sleeping like a normal adult and it kind of feels strange. Work is going well for the most part... and it's been much nicer coming home at night and not feeling stressed by something that should be a hobby :)

2 comments:

EvilCheeseWedge said...

WTB [Prom Kings]

;)

It's definitely good to take a break every now and again though. Also, sleep is very much ftw!

Jesika said...

hehe i sleep too much if permitted though >.<