Thursday, November 1, 2007

RL Takes the Lead

I raided once last week for a total of probably 3 hours. I only had one night off last week from work and even on the days in which I worked in the AM... I was busy in the evening with other shit or just far too tired to try and log onto WoW and accomplish anything. All in all, money is far better than epics... and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to raid anytime soon, at least not nearly on a full-time basis. This probably means I'll be recruited over and I really don't care.

Some comments have been thrown out by other guild members along the lines of... because x, x, and x, we haven't been able to down Illidan. Funnily enough the comment made referred to 3 people who quit the game basically and one person who transferred... as well as Baz and myself.

So I'm to blame for the guilds inability to down the final boss in the game? Awesome.

Glad that my hours of endless dedication for so long were appreciated. But apparently because my actual life has taken a turn for being time consuming... the only thing that matters is that I'm part of the reason why the guild cannot down Illidan.

/guffaw

It may be somewhat true, but ffs... I'm a god damned warlock. We are a dime a dozen... I'm not decked in full t6... it's not like my dps could possibly that amazing with my imp bitch spec. It's not my fault we only have one full-time raiding lock... and even then, it's played by 2 people!

So I dunno... I'm enjoying the money from my job - and since I'm only working part-time the idea of getting a second part-time job isn't such a bad one. I miss raiding some nights and I do feel bad for no longer being reliable, but when it comes down to it... it's just not that important. I'd rather go to bed before 1am my time when I need to be up at 7am the following morning... I'd rather not be stressed out over pixels and people I'll never actually have to deal with in person. It's kinda sad, but I think I'm officially a casual now... mostly not by choice, but in part it is. There's just no reason for me to take the bullshit and make the game so important anymore - what's important to me is getting a house in some other state.. far far away from the shithole that is Ohio. What's important... is getting out... seeing the city at night again... and deciding on a whim that I feel like watching a movie at 10pm on any random night. What's important... is not planning my week or work schedule around a video game.

I think this is called _being grown up and responsible_. Hmm. I'll get back to you on whether or not I actually like it.

4 comments:

EvilCheeseWedge said...

Hey, welcome to my world! I haven't raided at all this week. We've got HAS down, and A'lar down to 19% last night, but I haven't been in for either (with ILL yet) bleh, meh, whatever. You're definitely doing the right thing. I have less time as the semester goes past the mid point (yay for papers!) and all that good junk.

I haven't been logging in at all except for raids (that's why Fearmycheese has received so little love) - I have totally neglected my Horde lock too, except to steal his money for the priesty.

At least you've already done so much in BC... you've led raids, and seen everything to Illidan, including Illidan. That's very awesome. And that's crap that the guild is blaming you... stupidity ftl. Imo the people that tend to do the most blaming are usually the ones that are to blame >_>

Oh, and I have to visit you and Baz before you can leave the state. Kthnx.

Jagoex said...

/clap

=)

Arydan/Impervious said...

/cheer

Jesika said...

Cheesy, I work lots BUT... would love to have ya around for a weekend or something! Lemme know :D

Ary... i miss youuuuu<333

Jago, WA totally pwnd you the other day... so I logged. :p